Personalised Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation (PBFR) is a paradigm shifting intervention for the rehabilitation professional with over 160 peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature. By applying a tourniquet briefly and intermittently to an exercising limb you can induce significant and substantial strength, hypertrophy and endurance changes while using a very light load. By attending the course clinicians will:
- Understand the history and scientific theory behind PBFR;
- Learn to manipulate protocols to create a local or systemic response;
- Understand tourniquet use and safety;
- Learn how to determine individual limb occlusion pressures;
- Learn to apply PBFR to rehabilitating patients.
BFR Solutions in partnership with Owens Recovery Science trains and certifies Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Chiropractors and other medical professionals in Personalised Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the use of the Delfi PTS Personalised Tourniquet System.
The course is endorsed by The British Association of Sports and Exercise Sciences. Attendees will earn 5 credits towards their CPD.